Monday, May 7, 2012

Laundry Line watercolor by Vermonter who doesn't mind laundry Cathy Stevens Pratt


Well, I sort of do mind laundry but only when it gets in the way of my art making time. I am a full time mama homeschooling my 6 year old son, and I also work at least full time. Some of my friends hate laundry, it piles high, gets stinky and is like punishment for the worst of domestic crimes. I think the satisfaction of the clean clothes at the end are enough to keep me going. I've also traveled enough and had to do laundry in my sink and bath tub, that laundry in my warm house on my pretty mountain in my front loader energy-efficient washing machine has me more grateful than resentful. Each time I load that washer I thank my lucky stars I'm not rubbing my undies on a rock in some muddy river.
Peace all
-cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment